Tuesday, October 16, 2012

NOTD: DIY matte nail polish

The past few days I've been wanting to do my nails but didn't know what to do with them! Frustrating!! I think last month I wanted to try to make my own "matte" nail polish. I honestly didn't think it was successful but I didn't put it on my nail to see if I failed or not. I watched and read so many tutorials on making your own matte polish and I did everything I was supposed to but it didn't look like it was matte...on paper. I finally decided to just try it out on my nails and I was actually happy with it! I don't remember what color it originally was but I added two or three blushes to get this color. Both the polish and blush were by The color workshop. 

I have make up and nail polish from this brand. I see them at Walmart all the time around Christmas time 


They look something like this. Eye shadows, lip sticks, blushes, eye liners, brushes/sponge applicators and nail polish all for like $10. There are no name colors or numbers or anything like any other brand would have.




I had bad lighting when I took this picture. It's like a purple-ish color. I applied two coats. No top coat or base coat.

Last Wednesday, Chris, his best friend, Alex, Alex's dad and I went to a baseball game. The Oakland Athletic's Postseason Play off Home game #2. They won that game and OH MY GOD I was so scared I was going to get hit in the face by people all around me!! Everyone cheering, high fiving each other, hugging, jumping, waving their rally towels in the air, yelling...it was nuts!! The whole game I was in a bad mood and I really didn't know why till the next day when "T.O.M." decided to visit me. That's what Chris calls periods. He told his grandma that T.O.M. is visiting me and she put her hand on her hip and asked who T.O.M. was. He said time of the month. He told his little brother and I said I have never in my life met a Tom and he asked who T.O.M. was and was so confused lol. He probably still is confused too.

Anyways back to the game! I thought about taking pictures for my blog and for memories but I didn't feel like it and I was in a bad mood so it wasn't going to happen.


I got yellow fuz on my favorite black sweater jacket from everyone waving their rally towels in the air plus I got a lot of stuff in my eyes too.
I'm not really comfortable being around huge crowds of people who are all cheering and jumping and stuff like that because that's not who I am. I don't do stuff like that. This was my third baseball game I've been too and the most I would do is clap. At this game I did stand, clap and wave my rally towel for Chris because I knew it would mean a lot to him. I was so far out of my comfort zone. I don't mind going to games though. Chris LOVES sports so I know I'm going to be going to a lot of baseball, football and hockey games and concerts. He already told me that he is going to take me to an Avenged Sevenfold concert next time they come here. I've never been to a concert so it will be interesting. We will see what happens though!

I think that's pretty much all I had to say for now.

Talk to you guys later

No comments:

Post a Comment