Friday, October 5, 2012

Mummy nails!


Nail polish:
Sally Hansen hard as nails hardener [natural pink tint] as base coat
wet n' wild wild shine [lavender creme 454d]
sinfulcolors [snow me white 1]
pure ice [fast lane 985]
top coat

other things used: make up sponge, sharpie, pen, paper for dabbing.




Base coat then paint two layers of pink and white [originally I was going to have my thumbs be black but I changed my mind and painted them white]
Let dry at least 100%
Top coat the pink nails. I didn't know what I wanted to do with them so I just left them pink.





Dab a little bit of gold/bronzy color to the white nails for that old ,dusty, dirty look mummy's have. I didn't have a striper so I just used a black sharpie to make random lines for the bandages. [be careful because top coating sharpie will smear it]



Fill in a small box for the eyes. Make a white dot, then a smaller pink one and a smaller black dot for the eyes, I used a pen. The black dot is optional. I chose to use pink in this tutorial for Breast Cancer Awareness.


Can you see how the top coat smeared my sharpie? That's ok, it's not that bad and in the next couple of days I'm doing something else with my nails anyways.
Typing this tutorial I have made SO MANY spelling mistakes! I couldn't believe it!! I'm never this bad! This is not my day to be typing...or spelling I guess.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this Mummy Nail tutorial!

Have a great rest of the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment