Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry (late) Christmas/ Happy Holidays!!

hey everyone. So it's been a while since my last post. I've been wanting to do a little nail tutorial but I thin I'm getting bored with my polishes. I've painted my nails all red then all black and natural. For Christmas I got a little Hello Kitty nail decoration set and I decided to just do a simple white french tip and add one of the little pink flower things from the set to my ring fingers. 


So for the tutorial I promised in my last post on Chris's present. A couple months ago I surfed the web for ideas and found something called "The lucky penny" I took that idea and did something a little different. I originally wanted to make three, the year we met, the year he was born and the year I was born. I couldn't find a penny for the year he was born but since I had two from the year we met I decided to make two (in case I messed one up). I went to Joann's to pick up my supplies: jump rings, super glue, key chain base thing( what holds the penny) and the magic stuff! Mod Podge Dimensional Magic.


The first one I made turned out perfect so I gave that one to Chris and I made another one that didn't turn out so well but I kept that one for myself.

I painted two layer of black polish then glued the penny in the center. Of course let every layer dry completely before moving onto the next step so nothing smears (like mine). After everything is dried, magic time! I started in the center of the penny and squeezed slowly the dimensional magic and move it to every corner. You are not supposed to shake the bottle because it created bubbles and the don't pop. I used a safety pin to move the bubbles to one corner and was able to get them out(the smaller ones I couldn't get). After the first layer started to dry and set for a couple hours, I added another layer to make sure everything is covered. Make sure that the key chain is left on a flat and even surface so it dries properly and even. Let it dry for 24hrs, add your jump ring and key ring and you're done!

This can be a great gift for parents with the years of their kids birth, year you got married, year you and your special someone met, there are so many things you can do/use this for. I really hope everything made sense!


And be sure to clean your penny so it's shiny. (I didn't) With mine I was impatient and didn't let the polish dry all the way, I used to much super glue and my penny is not in the middle and you can see tiny bubbles. 

Anyways I hope you guys liked and understood this little tutorial.

I'm going to do a little online shopping so I'll talk to you guys later =)

No comments:

Post a Comment