Sunday, August 26, 2012

D.I.Y. twisty ties

I came up with this idea a few days ago and I was thought I was a genius! LOL I first made a twisty tie for my extra cell phone charger (my silly band broke and it wasn't working out as good as I thought it would have.) I used some plies to cut my wire (20 gauge jewelry wire that i had on hand) and a piece of duct tape a little longer than the piece of wire.

Try to get the wire as straight as you can

Tear your piece of duct tape in half. You can even tear this piece in half if you'd like so there isn't so much tape that you have to wrap around the wire.

Roll or fold the duct tape as close to the wire as you can. Mine isn't all that neat but that's ok, not big deal.

Now twist them onto what ever you need them for. I made these two teal ones for my headphones

And this orange one for my extra cell phone charger that i carry in my purse.

I hope you all enjoyed this quick tutorial! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment